Natural rodent control methods to kill and get rid of rats and mice
Rat exterminator can evaluate a structure to determine whether or not rats are present, and can make estimates about where in the structure the rats will be found, and how much damage they have done. The exterminator can eliminate the rats and assist a contractor or homeowner with repairing damage and taking steps to reduce the risk of future rat infestations. For example, a rat exterminator may recommend covering large holes
Rats are commonly a problem where a building is located near waterways, creeks and canals or other places where ready water supply is available.
Rats and mice often become a serious problem in cold winter months when they seek food and warmth inside buildings. They may suddenly appear in large numbers when excavation work disturbs their in-ground nesting locations, or their food source is changed, such as, rats feeding in school premises may enter adjoining properties during the school holidays.
Rodent Exclusion is the single most effective way to prevent rodents from getting back inside. A rat can squeeze through a half inch opening, and a mouse through an opening half that size. Our Rodent Exclusion Expert Exterminator will find, and provide a written estimate to repair any entry/exit points around your home.
- Keep firewood stored as far from the home as possible and store it off the ground. During the winter, store only enough wood next to the house to burn every couple of days.
- If possible, remove any piles of debris, stones, bricks, etc. If these are near the foundation of the home they serve as harborages to attract rodents. Once there, it is an easy step for rodents to enter the building itself.
- Do not allow piles of leaves to accumulate next to the home’s foundation. This also serves as attractive harborage for rodents – mice in particular.
- Holes or cracks larger than one-fourth of an inch should be stuffed with steel wool or wire mesh and then sealed with caulk or foam, otherwise rodents could chew through to enter.
- Install a good thick weather-stripping on the bottom of all doors to prevent rodents from entering. The garage door may prove difficult to seal completely, so the door from the garage to the house must be sealed tightly.
Easy access to your house